Are you Trying To Conceive? Is getting pregnant turning out to be a little bit harder than you thought? There are many couples who have been, and are, where you are.
We are all brought up with a mindset that getting pregnant is really easy, especially when we were being scared into abstaining from sex as horny teenagers. We may have had friends or classmates who became pregnant after first time sex as teenagers and that strengthened our belief that one day we can just have sex and easily have a baby. But the truth is, as adults, having a baby becomes harder. As teenagers we were at our most fertile, but as we age our fertility takes a downward ski and conceiving becomes a whole lot harder. That is why it is very important to know a few basic things when you are trying to conceive.
For Men: Some Simple Things You Should Know
Sometimes, issues with fertility may stem from the male partner, with incidences of low sperm count or even absence of sperm. Though some reasons for these issues may be genetic and unavoidable, others are caused by lifestyle and other miscellaneous reasons. Here are some things you should keep in mind if you are the male partner in the couple trying to conceive:
- Keep the boys cool. There’s a reason why your testicles are outside your body, which is to keep them slightly cooler than body temperature. Your testicles need to be kept cool for optimum sperm production. Overheating them by wearing briefs for too long, riding on hot seats of bikes and motorcycles or spending too long of a time in the sauna can be detrimental to your fertility in the long run. To prevent this, try using boxers and avoid activities that will heat up your testes.
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle. Avoid excess alcohol, smoking, and detrimental drugs such as steroids that have been proven to affect fertility. Eat a healthy and balanced diet and exercise to get your blood circulation and general fitness in tip top shape. If you are an avid masturbator, try to reduce this so that your sperm count will be kept high for the next time you have sex with your partner.
- Don’t overwork your testes by having sex too many times in a day. To ensure that when you have intercourse your sperm levels are optimal, try having sex every alternate day instead of every day.
For Women: Tips On Trying To Conceive
When it comes to conceiving, it is usually the female partner that feels the stress. After all, you are going to be carrying the future baby! You can increase your chances of conceiving by using the following tips:
- Have sexual intercourse on the days which you ovulate. You can figure this out by using an ovulation calculator (you can easily find free ones online), tracking your cervical mucus and basal temperature, or using fertility monitors. An ovulation calendar is best used when you have a menstrual cycle that is like clockwork, otherwise, using the other methods may be a better way to find out your most fertile days.
- Don’t douche after sex. Though this is a common practice, it should be avoided when trying to conceive. In fact, douching has been known to cause more harm than good to your genital tract even during normal times.
- As with the male partner, maintain a healthy lifestyle free of tobacco, nicotine, drugs and alcohol. Exercise regularly to maintain a healthy weight, as obesity has been known to cause hormonal imbalances that may lead to infertility or difficulty in conceiving. Certain pre-conception vitamins are believed to increase fertility, so you may want to research on those.
- If you are having issues with your menstrual cycle or having abnormal pains in your pelvic area, see a doctor immediately for a check-up. You may have a disease that can impair you from conceiving, so I’m sure you will want to get cured quickly if that is the case. It’s always advisable for couples who are trying to conceive to monitor their reproductive and general health as well.
- Enjoy sex so that you may increase your chances of an orgasm. It is said that the female orgasm can help the sperm swim up quicker into the uterus by the generated contractions.
These are just some of the tips that men and women can follow to increase their chances of having a baby together. In some instances though, you may find that the tips above just don’t cut it, and you need more information and want to try other techniques to try to conceive naturally. Instead of turning to invasive conventional methods, why not try a holistic approach instead?
Using A Step by Step Holistic Pregnancy Guide When Trying To Conceive
Let me recommend to you an excellent pregnancy guide that has been used by many to get pregnant naturally and quickly! This guide employs holistic methods to help both young and older couples to have a baby the natural way without pain or lots of money. Any couple trying to conceive should get their hands on this priceless guide.
Why not take a look at this step by step guide: Guide To Successfully Conceive
In a nutshell, the process of having a baby can be further quickened by using the tips that have been mentioned above. Getting pregnant naturally needs effort from both the male and female partner. However, during times where getting pregnant gets a little bit difficult, it will help to seek the advice of a holistic step by step guide.
Hear the sweet gurgles of a baby in your home as soon as possible! Visit: Trying to Conceive